Machines for the processing of
chocolate, coffee and dried nuts
SELMI & THE PASSION FOR CHOCOLATE
There are companies that manufacture and companies that create and set trends
It's the ones that raise admiration and have a tendency to be copied, and yet they do not hide their secrets, because, by the time the market has caught up with them, they are already far ahead.
Selmi not only creates technology tailored to the customer, but even makes it user friendly. That is to say practical, flexible, easy to use, durable and aesthetically pleasing.
This is the brilliance that sets it apart: by putting its technology and ideas at the disposal of professionals in this field it creates and steers the market.
Since the sixties, Selmi has been a point of reference for machines and equipment for processing chocolate in all its forms: pralines, bars, truffles, chocolate snacks, bean to bar chocolate, chocolate dragées, artisanal spreadable creams and much more
The company's brand-new headquarters in Bra, spreading over 20,000 square metres, is a place that expresses how strong and deep-rooted the 'chocolate culture' is in our company and what passion animates the management and the entire staff.
THE SELMI FAMILY
Selmi chocolate machinery. One family, a story of professional ethics, passion for chocolate, sacrifice and the search for technological quality. Fundamentals for each and every company decision since 1965.
With nearly 60 years of operational activity, SELMI Chocolate Machinery designs and builds machines for the processing of chocolate, roasters for dried nuts, cocoa beans and coffee.
A profession that binds a family for three generations.
Renato Selmi, a man with exceptional ideas, founder and current company chairman, began in 1965 with the manufacturing of machines for processing hazelnuts, then progressing to machinery and equipment for the processing of chocolate, an area in which he will specialise.
Paolo Selmi, CEO, a man of character, ambition, tenacity, practicality and with great entrepreneurial and commercial skills.
In 1987 he joins his father in the company and since that moment the combination of technology, understanding of the raw material and a constant search for efficiency and perfection, have raised the company to be at the forefront of the market at a national and international level for the production of machinery for the processing of artisanal chocolate and for the roasting of coffee, dried nuts and cocoa.
Just under two years ago both of Paolo Selmi's children, Martina and Alberto, joined the company.
Wisely guided by their father, they open the doors to the future and to the realization of new projects.
Success requires preparation
Selmi has for some time been accompanying its core business with the provision of professional training courses: chocolate and coffee courses to pass on the processing knowledge and techniques to professionals in the sector who have the desire to improve their own competence, which often concerns very specific and targeted processing requirements.
Selmi's workshop at the newly built headquarters has an area of 5,000 square metres and is staffed with 6 chocolate chefs.
Every day the chocolate chefs dedicate their time to personalised research and development, upon the specific requests of each client and participant to the ONE to ONE courses, of new and innovative chocolate products.
Selmi offers personalised "ONE TO ONE" consultancy for its clients with the company chefs for periods of one, two, three or five days.
Through this service, the company offers the possibility to see its machines and accessories in action as they temper, process and transform chocolate. It gives the opportunity to personally experiment the functionality and bring to light the high performance and to touch with one's own hands the efficiency, reliability and the possibility to create a variety of products according to the productive requirements of each client.
The harmony between innovation and passion is what makes Selmi an undisputed point of reference in the field of chocolate production. Our training offer is directed to both Italian and foreign users as the courses are taught in Italian, English, French and Spanish.
OUR CORE BUSINESS
The strengths of our company
Selmi Chocolate Machinery and Equipment for Chocolate Production is a point of reference when it comes to machinery and accessories for the processing of artisanal and industrial chocolate in all its forms.
With our machinery for the production of chocolate it is in fact possible to create a variety of chocolate confectionary and pralines, both in moulds and coated, chocolate bars, filled or decorated and with inclusions of dried nuts or candied fruit, or any other imaginative product with the desired taste chosen by each chocolatier.
Size and production capacity to meet every need.
- Professional chocolate tempering machines, chocolate melters and dispensers combinable with enrobing machines and accessories that allow for the creation of pralines and moulded products, chocolate bars, chocolate truffles and hollow bodies for Easter eggs and Christmas products.
- Comfit and Maxi Comfit coating pans (dragée machines) for the creation of chocolate and sugar dragées
- Micron ball refiners are used for refining and grinding dried nuts for the creation of anhydrous paste bases of pure nuts for artisanal ice-cream and the ice-cream sector, artisanal spreadable creams, cream sweets and pralinated products.
- The simultaneous dosing and dispensing machine One Shot Tuttuno can in a single operation/injection create pralines and bars, simultaneously creating the outer chocolate body, the internal ganache and the sealing of the product.
- The Chocoform extruder is a machine that extrudes previously made special chocolate cylindrical blocks with inclusions of dried nuts, gianduja, cereals, puffed rice, etc….These machines produce large quantities of chocolate truffles and truffled products, to be later coated with tempered chocolate or truffled with cocoa powder or sugar.
- Cooling tunnel and chocolate enrobing and moulding lines for pralines, bars, biscuits, cakes, panettone, croissants, meringues and other bakery products such as rice cakes, snacks, protein bars and doughnuts.
- Accessories for the moulding and creation of solid, hollow and filled chocolate bodies.
- Complete line of machines for the creation of Bean to Bar chocolate which, starting from the roasting of the cocoa bean, will lead to the attainment, via various production steps, of single origin Bean to Bar chocolate or a blended product with personalised recipes.
- Production line machinery and accessories for processing, grinding, refining and thus transforming dried nuts so as to create anhydrous pastes of pure nuts for the production of artisanal spreadable creams, anhydrous pastes for the processing and production of artisanal ice-cream, creams for fillings, chocolate coatings, pralines and cream sweets.
- Roasting machines of varying productive capabilities for roasting coffee, dried nuts, cocoa beans, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and other products of various types and sizes.
- Cluster machines for the production of chocolate based agglomerates and pralines containing dried nuts, cereals, puffed rice, cornflakes and seeds of various types and sizes.
- Chocolate fountains with personalised logo.
- Macchia chocolate melters and dispensers designed to be located in full sight of the clients. They allow the operator to prepare and decorate with chocolate, in full view of the clientele, chocolate based specialities such as marocchini, shot glasses with chocolate and gianduja, decorations and variations of ice-cream, hot chocolate, fillings of croissants and crêpes.
Chocolate processing machines
Chocolate Tempering machines, chocolate melters, chocolate enrobers, chocolate tunnels and cooling lines for enrobing coating and moulding of pralines and chocolate bars.
Complete line of machinery and equipment for the creation of Bean to Bar chocolate, Oneshot Depositor Tuttuno, Extruder for chocolate truffles, chocolate coating pans and dragée panning machines.
Professional chocolate tempering machines
Designed to melt and temper chocolate on a continuous cycle. Their main objective is to crystallize and quickly temper to the right point the cocoa butter contained within the chocolate. It is in fact thanks to the tempering of the chocolate that a perfectly finished product can be obtained, with a shiny, polished and crunchy glaze. Available in different production capabilities, the seven models in Selmi's range are equipped with a volumetric dispenser with pedal to control the flow of chocolate and with a low voltage vibrating, heated platform.
The new EX GENERATION models allow the operator to directly insert added ingredients, such as dried nut granules and seeds, whilst the tempered chocolate in the tank is in a continuous cycle. These models allow for the easy removal of the screw pump inside the tempering machine so that the inside of the machine can be quickly washed. This is also ideal for those who wish to frequently change the type of chocolate used: dark, milk or white.
EX®: made in Italy, this is the most efficient and cleanest technology on the market
Chocolate panning machines
The Comfit steel panning machines are devices designed for the production of chocolate dragées and chocolate and sugar confectionary for coating with hazelnut chocolate, pistachios, almonds, candied fruit, cocoa grue and dried nuts of various types and dimensions.
Equipped with a controllable cold and warm air blower, these allow for the coating, enlargement and polishing of the coated product.
They offer the possibility of obtaining different types of finishings for the dragées: shiny and polished or truffled
Oneshot depositor chocolate dispensing machine
One Shot Tuttuno, available in two models with either 4 or 9 injection nozzles for chocolate or fillings, is a simultaneous dosing and dispensing chocolate injector for the creation of chocolate products in a single operation. The machine produces products such as pralines in polycarbonate moulds, bars and neapolitans by simultaneously creating the outer chocolate shell, the internal ganache and sealing of the product.
It is also possible, through the use of the Oneshot chocolate depositor from Selmi Chocolate Machinery, to fill macarons with previously made ganache of various flavours and aromas.
The Oneshot Tuttuno line, equipped with accessories such as the automatic mould loader and the VIBRA mould vibration station system, has high performance and productivity thanks to its attachment to the vertical cooling tunnel SPIDER and to the AUTOMATIC DEMOULDER.
Cluster for agglomerates of dried nuts and chocolate
Selmi's new Cluster machines allow for the creation of pralines and chocolate based agglomerates containing inclusions of dried nuts such as granules of hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, peanuts, cashew nuts and other inclusions such as puffed rice, cereals, seeds and any other desired product having a maximum granularity of 10 mm.
These machines are equipped with a loading hopper for the added ingredients and need to be connected to a tempering machine for the supply of tempered chocolate. They have the option to be used in automatic or manual mode.
Available in two versions to satisfy the needs of all workshop types. The CLUSTER TRAY version, where the product is dispensed onto steel trays and the product is cooled in a fridge with controlled humidity, or the CLUSTER TUNNEL version where the products are filled directly onto the chocolate cooling and enrobing tunnel belt.
Chocolate cooling, coating and moulding tunnels
Tunnels designed for speeding up and optimising the enrobing and the cooling of chocolate coated and moulded products
They are available in various lengths, from 4 m up to 16 m, and allow for the cooling of chocolate via a special air diffuser which controls the temperature, humidity and the recirculation of the cold air.
The design and tailoring of the Selmi cooling lines based on the specific requirements and production needs of each individual client is a very important focus point of our company
Machines for the production of Bean to Bar chocolate
Complete line of machines and accessories for Bean to Bar chocolate-making starting from the roasting of selected single origin cocoa beans leading to the creation of Bean to Bar blended or single origin chocolate, refined and conched according to personalised recipes and ready for moulding via the use of the chocolate tempering machine.
The Bean to Bar lines are available in various production capabilities in order to satisfy the daily throughput requirements of each operator.
Machines for the creation of chocolate spreadable creams
and lines for the processing or dried nuts
Production line machinery for processing by grinding, refining and transforming dried nuts. The machines are designed to roast, crush and grind to attain a refined mass of products such as hazelnuts, pistachios or almonds for the creation of anhydrous pastes of pure nut, needed to produce artisanal spreadable creams, anhydrous pastes for the production of artisanal ice-cream, filling cream sweets, pralinated products and chocolate.
The lines are available in various production capabilities to satisfy the daily throughput requirements of each operator.
Machines for roasting coffee, dried nuts and cocoa beans
Selmi's professional roasting machine ROASTER is available in two different models of varying productivity capabilities.
Initially patented for roasting coffee, today they are a valuable tool for workshops that wish to autonomously roast and personalise the roasting of cereals, dried nuts, cocoa beans, seeds and any other desired product.
This innovation allows the artisan to have a higher level of quality control in their production line; a requirement that is nowadays essential for anyone working with passion in the food sector.